Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Birthday America!

Ok, today was a GREAT 4th of July!!
I didnt go to the parade that my parents were in charge of because I was catching up on sleep that I loss until 5:00 in the morning. Thats a whole different story!
Anyway. At about 6:30 we had a BBQ with the family, and tara and the boy's came over! (Its always fun to have then around). And at the BBQ we had my dad's famous Hamburgers! YUMMMM SO GOOD!
Then after the BBQ Megan, Carlie, mom and dad, and I went to STADEUM OF FIRE!!!
It was sooo cool!
It started off with sky divers. Then we went on to greeting the soldiers in Iraq and Iran, and then the BULE MAN GROUP came out! They were so AMAZING! the things they did, I'm not even ganna try to describe it. But it was cool.
And then Glenn Beck came out a spoke to us... well he was basically the host of the show, so he spoke to us before the Blue man Group came out.
Then after that Miley Cyrus ran out on stage and started singing right off the bat. She sang a few songs then stoped to tell us how happy she was to be here for the 4th. I have to admit though it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be having her here. I knew a few of her songs, like two of them, but still it was fun.
Then after Miley, they had their famous FIRE WORKS!!! they were so cool, but we were really close to the fire works so we kept on getting ashes on us. By the time the fire works were over we were coverd in Ashes. But it was all good.
After all the fun was over, we came home a went to bed, and that was my 4th of july.
But I tried not to forget the men and women that are surving out in the feild right now and the sacrifices they make for this country. And I tried not to forget our four fathers who, when signing the Decleration of Independence, were basically signing their death warrent. They sacrificed alot so that we could have our freedoms today.

P.S. I am going to try to post a picture of the Stadeum of Fire as soon as I can :)

2 comments:

zachchristiansen said...

hey courtney, zach here. that is sooooooooo cool. the blue man group is great. your soooo lucky, i envy you a lot. no fair. well, im glad you've been having fun, i miss you a bunch, and i need that efy picture that you have, if you dont mind emailing it to me. thanks!

Unknown said...

Courtney,

I too am very Grateful for the men and women who have sacrificed so much for our Country. I am grateful for our founding fathers who (as you said) risked everything by signing the Declaration of Independence. I am thankful for my family for they make this country and the freedoms we have worthwhile. Happy Belated 4th of July!